Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thing # 12

Fun, but all-consuming!! And it's a tad hard to figure out. I now have a myspace page and I also joined the one Mary sent out.(Mesquite Librarians and Friends)
Today I worked (or played) through lunch to get this done. I will add more photos to myspace and try and figure out how to add music.
I'm not sure how I would use this in the library as I'm not really sure I'd want kids visiting my page. Not that I would worry about anything I have there, but my friends??? Well, that's a different story:) Just keeping up with technology is the biggest advantage of learning how to do this.

Here's my link.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As your friend I am concerned about your comments regarding our behavior. We are upstanding citizens of the community.

What are you saying about your friends Kickin' Librarian? You must certainly be talking about your karate friends and not us.

mmw said...

You go girl! Love your profile! Here's mine: http://www.myspace.com/mimi1710
I sent you a friend request, so "gimme an add" as the kids say.
I created my profile a while back so I could keep up with my niece and nephew. They and their friends use myspace instead of e-mail to talk to each other.

Bookmaid said...

It is really cool, the way you added the music and pictures.

speedreader said...

You have created a great page! Way to go and jump in there. I would imagine a lot of your Karate friends can keep up with you this way. Plus you have cool karate videos of your fights to put on your page. Kudos to you! But I still don't get as mmw said why kids use their Myspace page instead of email? Am I just old?

mmw said...

They use myspace because they can share pictures, music they like, videos they like, blog postings, etc. all in one place. There's no opening of attachments - it's all right there. They can also very easily broadcast a message to all of their friends at once without having to address an e-mail.