Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thing # 6 Mashup and tools

I had a very hard time navigating through these sites. I had no idea what they were all about. The Flickr color pickr was pretty cool, but not sure how I would use it. The most fun was exploring the trading card site. I did make my own card, but need to figure out how to edit the picture and size it correctly. I also looked at the magazine cover and calendars. I think I could use them in the library with research units for example to do research on an inventor and do a trading card about that inventor as a final product. The magazine cover might also be a fun way to do it.
Even though I'm already making this post I'm not through exploring the sites and want to become more familiar with all these tools. I have been a bit reluctant to open an account with every site, but think that's what I'm going to have to do in order to truly "play".