Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thing # 8

I set up my RSS on Google Reader, on my own I set up the DallasNews and tried to do my church and a couple of other websites I like, but they didn't have the link. So, I went ahead and the the pre-arranged ones and yes, I got stuff I didn't want. There is a way to remove the unwanted subscriptions. I went to the link for Library Journal and only found the page to subscribe to the magazine, not the link for RSS. If anyone can help me with that I'd appreciate it. Once I get that I could use it to keep updated on reviews and trends that would help me with keeping the collection up to date.
The personal links like sports, you tube, entertainment etc...will waste my time I'm sure:)
BTW...my daughter is the top sales rep for the Dallas News so far in 2007. Right now she's in recruitment advertising, but will move to a different dept. next month.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats to your daughter!

mmw said...

To subscribe to one of the SLJ blogs, click on the orange RSS button. This will take you to a page that lists the "subscribe" URL for each one of their blogs. Just copy and paste the URL of the blog you want to subscribe to into your RSS reader.

Congrats on your daughter's success! :-)