Monday, January 21, 2008

It's All Over Now!!

1. My favorite discoveries...Animoto, wiki, myspace...learning how to set up a myspace account and then embed videos and music was way cool. Then setting up the wiki, which I am still developing my personal one, was interesting. Finally putting still pictures to a video is something I have wanted to do for a long time...it was great fun!

2. Lifelong learning goals? Well, I have found out the hard way that learning and not using is the best way to forget, so I think I'll be using these features a lot and hopefully as I do I will learn new stuff.

3. Take-a-ways? Yes, the wiki seems to be something I will use and actually help me grow as a person.

4. Improve the program? Maybe encourage small group get togethers. Puppy Papers and I sat at Panaera bread and really worked through some mental blocks. Sometimes it's nice to know you're not the only one having problems.

5. Participate in another program like this? ABSOLUTELY! I am so proud of myself for learning what all the kids already know:)

6. Influence practice as a librarian? Well, I am the type to master stuff in my personal life and once I have a hang of it I can better figure out how to incorparate it into the workplace. Maybe that's backwards, but for some reason that's how it works for me. I have already started doing some things and as I understand them better and I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to use it in the library...like the wiki and blogspot.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree about the partner. I work so much better with someone else to help. It seems like you try harder.
Congrats to you!

Ms. Mc.'s Message said...

You reflections remind me that I forgot to mention to anyone that I would do this again. The pay off has been huge in the knowledge department. The Nano's not a bad prize either. I agree with having someone to get together with everyonce in a while is encouraging & it helps to have someone to talk things through with.