Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thing # 13

I'm getting back on a roll now:) Some of you guys worked hard over the holidays...not me! Puppy Papers and I did, however, work well into the evening and shut down Panera Bread! Great place to work on the laptops...no overrides!

Now on to del.icio.us At first I thought there's no way I'm going to use this...but after messing with it for a couple of days I now have a pretty good list of karate websites. I tend to work better under pressure and I had to get a list of addresses for a mail out and also an email list together for some promotions. Now I can click the del.icio.us button and I have those sites right in front of me.

Now on to school related uses...hehehe. As I look at my "favorites" bookmarked sites I see "TAKS" sites, Landforms Face of the Earth, Inventors(3 sites), book club sites, etc... All of these are in random order as I have bookmarked them. When I think "oh I bookmarked that"...it takes me several moments to find it as I scroll down the list...passing things like Credit Union of Texas and Southwest Airlines. Now when I find a site I want to bookmark I can click on my del.icio.us button and tag it...karate, research, travel, etc...I think once I get the research list going I will have separate ones for each grade level. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

mmw said...

It is sooo great to be able to just search your tags in delicious and pull up that bookmark that you saved six months ago!