Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing # 23

I was new to the term Creative Commons and think I understand it...to some extent anyway. It allows owners a little bit of a gray line to the black and white copyright laws. With information so easily accessible on the Internet I think some creators don't mind their work being used they just want to determine what it can be used for and if they are part of Creative Commons they have that power. I guess those not in favor of Creative Commons think this might loosen the power of copyright laws which are already being terribly abused.
I really enjoyed the Disney video clip explaining copyright laws...think maybe we should use that for our teachers. I'm not sure if that's the video you wanted us to comment on as far as telling if it was altered? But it's obvious that clips were taken from several movies....so I think I might be on the wrong track on that question.

No comments: