Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing # 19

I set up an account with Gliffy Flow Chart and with bubbl.us mind map. The Gliffy was pretty cool to work with and I pretty much understood how to use it. I set up a double bubble thinking map and compared Punk Farm with Stanley's Party. I had done these during read alouds last year so I was familiar with the information I wanted to use. It was easy changing colors and drawing the lines connecting the bubbles and putting in the text was easy too. With the thinking maps you really want it to be more interactive, so I was thinking how could I get the students to help create the chart. I wonder if you could develop it and use it with the promethian board???
The bubbl.us was not as fun to explore. It would be great for a family tree. But it seems a little limited. Guess that's the difference between the two. One you can do most anything and the other is more of a brainstorm in a tree map way. It would be good for classifying and organizing information. And the collaboration aspect of both of these sites allows you to have help designing the charts. The tutorial for Gliffy said you could put it in a wiki and others could edit and add information.

No comments: